At Kwant Controls, we are driven to ensure the best solutions by continuously improving our products. Our R&D Department forges ahead to deliver the most reliable instruments and systems for the maritime industry. Apart from reliability, safety and efficiency, nowadays our focus is also on the environment, on (energy) saving/reduction and sustainability and social en ethical issues.
Recent innovations include:
- Haptic feedback, improving the user’s experience by creating an intuitive way of controlling the ship motions
- Electric shaft, synchronizing the operating levers to enhance the ease of use, take over operating positions and increase safety in emergency situations
- Integrated electronics, drastically reducing the built-in space for equipment
- Hall Effects sensors, enabling a more precise output, thus control of the instruments
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) display, to be installed on the Centre Bridge, by which ride control and fuel consumption can be monitored and adapted (reduction of fuel consumption) and by which the CO2 emission can be made transparent.
For over 80 years Kwant controls have been investing in sustainable development through innovation and collaboration. Developing global leading technologies is the result from our deeply embedded passion to strive for excellence and perfection. Our extensive experience guarantees our customers continuity and reliability when using Kwant Controls equipment. Partnerships with leading, both national and international companies and universities have been established, such as:
- Maritime Research Insitute Netherlands
- Offshore Simulation Centre, Aalesund, Norway
- iMAR Navigation GmbH
- Innovation Cluster Drachten (ICD), Netherlands, for High tech System
- Delft University of Technology
- University of Groningen
- Several national and regional universities and technical colleges
All innovations and improvements are implemented in close consultation with relevant parties such as Class Societies and other Maritime Authorities.