The CAESAR range of hardware and software modules are dedicated to the control of ship surge, sway and yaw motions, as well as roll and pitch damping. The modules are designed to interface with a broad range of devices and prime movers for propulsion, steering and motion damping.
The CAESAR modules are configured in accordance with the customer needs, ranging from a single device to the full integration of all devices across the entire vessel. This enables control of a wide range of vessels. The high degree of adaptability to the mechanical design of the devices makes the CAESAR system well suitable for both retrofits and new building. Basic configurations of modules are available for the following ship’s devices:
- CAEASAR for typical CPP vessels propelled by controllable pitch propellers and steered by rudders with transverse thrust devices and flaps for roll damping.
- CAESAR for typical FPP vessels propelled by fixed pitch propellers and steered by rudders with transverse thrust devices and flaps for roll damping.
- CAESAR for Azimuth vessels propelled and steered by steerable thrusters with transverse thrust devices.
- CAESAR for high-speed crafts with waterjets and motion damping devices, such as T-foils and trim-tabs.
The vessel’s propulsion drives may vary from dieselengines to electric motors and can be extended with modules for battery hybrid and generator modes as well as for dual-fuel LNG diesel-engines.
The CAESAR design emphasises on:
- Achieving a high operational availability.
- Minimising the costs of fuel and emission.
- Ease of system adjustment and installation.
- Intuitive remote control, via displays and haptics, to ease the crew tasks.